Hey y'all, we are big fans of some grits around here. With a particularly deep affection for the cheesy kind. But, we know we can't be eatin' these daily and maintain a healthy lifestyle. However, we have found a recipe that cuts it pretty close to taste AND provides an entire serving of veggies. 2, if you opt for seconds (we do!).
These are so easy to whip up, and incredibly versatile. Try them for breakfast alongside some runny eggs, or underneath a gumbo for a more cajun feel. They're delicious with some hot sauce on top as a side to a dinner or stand alone well with just salt and pepper.
- 2 bags of cauliflower rice, frozen
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- salt and pepper
- Microwave the frozen cauliflower for five to six minutes.
- Let cauliflower sit for 1-2 minutes to cool.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend everything together, until it reaches a gritty consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy your favorite way!